Inside the Mind

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Well, today was great, but I wore out pretty quickly. Overall, I walked about 9 miles on Sunday, 11 miles yesterday and 8 miles today. I have held up extremely well and taken good care of my feet, but I still have blisters on both of my little toes, the toes next to them and, finally each of my big toes. Frankly, that's pretty good - the first time I came here, by feet were bleeding after the first day. This morning started with a bus to a train and long walk from the Metro into Georgetown. I spent a few hours wandering the shops in Georgetown and had a snack at Dean & Deluca. Once again, I LOVE the architecture of the neighborhood and came back with lots of pictures of it:
After Georgetown, I headed back to the Metro and out to Arlington National Cemetery. Oddly, it's one of my favorite places in DC. It's very moving, very quiet and very, very beautiful. Here are a few pictures from Arlington:


After Arlington, I decided to head to Old Town Alexandria to catch a water taxi back to the hotel int stead of taking a long, convoluted series of trains and buses. I got off the Metro and walked 18 blocks from the Metro stop down to the harbor along King Street, which was full of little shops and restaurants. It was lovely and just as enchanting as Georgetown - and much more affordable!
The rest of our group has arrived at the airport and is waiting for their luggage. We are planning to get together for dinner - probably back over in Alexandria. Tomorrow, meetings start, so things will get much more boring for you, but, hopefully, interesting for me!

1 Comments:

At August 30, 2008 4:55 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Enjoyed the shots. I may go there one day--especially to Chinatown!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home